“If you are looking for a freelance editor for your book, I would recommend Gregory Novalis. He was a joy to work with. He brought skill and caring to the process of editing my novel, expertly making changes that did not alter the intrinsic nature of the story, but made it flow more smoothly and be far more readable.”
~ Allison Wilcox, author of The Keepers
I am happy to offer both copyediting and developmental editing services on your next manuscript, manual, or other writing project, to whatever level you require. I thoroughly enjoy the process of coming alongside you and developing your material to the professional standards it deserves. Please contact me for more information.
- Reviewing your manuscript critically and offering you a broad, overall, oral or written assessment, identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Checking for typographical errors, spelling and punctuation mistakes, formatting glitches, and other minor mechanical problems.
- Checking the contents page against chapters; checking numbering of footnotes or endnotes, tables, and figures.
- Checking cross-references.
- Checking alphabetization of bibliography or reference list; read footnote, endnote, or in-text citations against bibliography or reference list.
- Correcting all indisputable errors in grammar, syntax, and usage.
- Pointing out paragraphs that seem egregiously wordy or convoluted.
- Asking for clarification of terms likely to be new or obscure to readers.
- Querying apparent factual inconsistencies and statements that seem obviously incorrect.
- Revising and improving structure, style, and content.
- Flagging and fixing specific problems, such as structural difficulties, poor pacing, inconsistencies of plot or theme, awkward or unnatural dialogue, undeveloped characters, stylistic troubles, repetitiveness or wordiness.
- Querying or correcting faulty organization and gaps in logic.